For over 75 years, the Indiana University Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance has provided one of the nation’s premier theatre programs. Its students have gone on to become some of the finest theatre artists, scholars, and teachers in the world. The lives of thousands of others have been illumined and enriched by the study and practice of theatre at IU.
Alumni & Giving
Stay involved + give back to IU Theatre + Dance
There are several ways you can remain involved with the Department of Theatre, Drama, and Contemporary Dance after you graduate.
- Support our students by making a donation. Learn more about giving opportunities.
- Join our Theatre Circle.
- Attend one of our world-class performances.
- Let us know where your career path takes you. We would be happy to interview you for an alumni profile.
- Your work or community experience could make an interesting presentation.
- You might serve as a resource for students considering a career similar to yours.
- Consider whether your place of employment can provide an internship or a job opportunity for one of our students.
Alumni spotlight: Kristen Martino
Since graduation, Kristen has been working for XL Scenic based out of Chicago as an assistant for Kevin Depinet and Todd Rosenthal. They have worked on numerous theatrical designs both locally and nationally, many with the potential of a Broadway debut. She was also part of a major design for a museum exhibit that will showcase in Germany. In her spare time, she freelances her own scenic designs for theatres across the country. Her recent work includes 3 productions for a Chicago performing arts school, Hound of the Baskervilles and The Christians for Gulfshore Playhouse in Naples, FL and The Toxic Avenger for Farmers Alley Theatre in Kalamazoo, MI. Next up, she will design Almost Heaven: The Songs of John Denver for Rocky Mountain Repertory Theatre in Colorado and Peter and the Starcatcher for Farmers Alley Theatre.